PROGRAMMING CUBE4 RGB LED USING 68HC12 MICROCONTROLLER

The "Cube4" is a 4x4x4 RGB LED cube with an Arduino Leonardo compatible onboard controller. [Product page]
nuwan_liy

PROGRAMMING CUBE4 RGB LED USING 68HC12 MICROCONTROLLER

Post by nuwan_liy » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:02 am

Hi

Just wondering if anyone can help me on connecting a 68HC12 microcontroller on to CUBE4 board. This is for a school project. We need to utilise the 68HC12 microcontroller on our project since this board gives the freedom to bring in another microcontroller I thought I might give this a try. If anyone could shed some light on wether this is achievable it would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

Nuwan

andrew
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff

Re: PROGRAMMING CUBE4 RGB LED USING 68HC12 MICROCONTROLLER

Post by andrew » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:41 pm

You could communicate from the 68HC12 to the Cube via the UART, that is send serial commands from your 68HC12 to the Cube in the same format as you would from the Arduino IDE serial monitor. Just make sure you match the voltage and data rate.

nuwan_liy

Post by nuwan_liy » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:27 am

Hi John

Thanks for the reply. We have bought the cube4 and got it up and running with Arduino. We would like to know more about how we can connect our controller to LED Driver(MY9262TE). There are limited information available about the LED Driver. Would you be able tell us how the DI, DCK, LAT and GCK pins work in LED Driver and what type of serial commands to use. If you could provide us with any usefull information greatly appriciated.

Thanks in advance :)

Nuwan

andrew
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff

Post by andrew » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:47 am

nuwan_liy wrote:Hi John

Thanks for the reply. We have bought the cube4 and got it up and running with Arduino. We would like to know more about how we can connect our controller to LED Driver(MY9262TE). There are limited information available about the LED Driver. Would you be able tell us how the DI, DCK, LAT and GCK pins work in LED Driver and what type of serial commands to use. If you could provide us with any usefull information greatly appriciated.

Thanks in advance :)

Nuwan
It would be a lot easier to communicate between the 68HC12 and onboard Arduino-compatible circuit via serial commands. Nevertheless the info about the LED driver is available from:
http://www.my-semi.com/content/products ... aspx?id=11

It works on conjunction with the 74HC154 as a high-side driver for for each plane. Finally you can dissect the Arduino library to see how it's all addressed. Plus the schematic is available from the resource section of:
http://www.freetronics.com/products/cub ... b-led-cube