Your recommended term app requires compilation (sigh - don't get me started on that - hopefully one day soon I can qualify for membership amongst the users of software made by eliteist wankgroup devs who never post binaries even for the most obvious/common platforms, even if having a 'reference build' based on specific compiler settings would make tech-spport-minimisation sense for all concerned), so the one i'm using doesn't have history.feilipu wrote: I use a terminal that has history, so use the up arrow or similar to get the !!! ready, then the right technique is to hold thumb on 1284p reset and finger on Enter with that !!! already typed. That should get the best success.
but, on the times when i've been successful, it wasn't when I was being particularly 'tight' in my execution of the reset/!!! sequence. I *think* I've done it enough times with various human-scale timings & observed the onboard LED enough to have a reasonable sense that it's not a simple time-out of the bootloader, especially when sometimes it'll sit there waiting, not executing the sketch, but seemingly deaf.
yeah i found that late last night after i'd posted back herefeilipu wrote:The "Chip Erase delay" that you caught is referred to in my blog, along with how to fix it in Step 3.
but as you say, i don't think we're at that stage yet. but once i am, i'll poke around there to see if it still seems to be necessary.
I just 'installed' Arduino 1.0.5 onto an older Macbook Pro which has zero install history for any of this stuff, pointed the Sketch folder to my Dropbox where the additional hardware/boards.txt etc stuff is already located, loaded the Blink sketch, it found Goldilocks as an available board type & I selected it & the correct tty port for the blink sketch, but got exactly the same results as originally posted.feilipu wrote:Let's keep at it. Might be an underlying issue that you're exposing.
so then I set the Sketch folder back to the default ~/Documents/Arduino folder, & copied the Goldilocks-22 folder into ~Documents/Arduino/hardware, and.... it worked! And it worked a 2nd time without any zero-power-resetting! Hmmmm.
So I'll play around with my original Arduino setup & try to isolate things to see what the cause is...
However, a few rolls of WS2812B & a 5V/150W PSU just arrived this morning, so it may be a few days