Intergrated Shiftlight in a BA Falcon tacho guage

The "Eleven" is our Uno-equivalent Arduino-compatible board, but with a number of improvements including prototyping area, a mini-USB connector, LEDs mounted near the edge, and the D13 LED isolated using a FET. [Product page]
Psychorolla

Intergrated Shiftlight in a BA Falcon tacho guage

Post by Psychorolla » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:43 am

I dont know if this can be posted here BUUUUT...

Ok after trolling the interwebs, I have found nothing to relate to this idea, what i wan to do is to get the signal from coil pack 1 (per cylinder coil system) and process it and light up a LED at a certain rev point, the car its self has a tacho, but cant seem to get a signal from that, as the tacho and speedo are received via the can bus.

I have a Freetronics Eleven to use on this project.

Now i have some electrical knowledge but no arduino programming knowledge, so a schematic and sketch would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,
Ben

Brissieboy

Re: Intergrated Shiftlight in a BA Falcon tacho guage

Post by Brissieboy » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:37 am

Have you considered accessing the CAN bus directly? The information you need is obviously available there if the tacho is driven that way. There are plenty of resources available to help you with access and this might be a tidier solution.
Asking for both hardware and software design for your basic concept is expecting a hell of a lot.

Psychorolla

Re: Intergrated Shiftlight in a BA Falcon tacho guage

Post by Psychorolla » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:57 am

was actually hoping not to get via canbus as the falcon ecu is VERY temperamental.

And this comment "Asking for both hardware and software design for your basic concept is expecting a hell of a lot." is a bit rich, some people would like to get into something like this, and asking for help and guidance with a response like that turns them away.

So was just a question to be pointed in the right direction that is all.

But all good have someone willing to work on the programming side of it all ill sort out the hardware side.

Cheers
Ben