wireless sketch uploading

Do you have an idea for a device that you think Freetronics should create? Discuss your ideas here! Sometimes we may even give you a sneak peek at secret projects we have in the pipeline, or ask for feedback on designs before they go into production.
ledsarecool

wireless sketch uploading

Post by ledsarecool » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:21 am

Hello.

Im after a way to upload sketches wirelessly with wifi or bluetooth.

I have not seen anything but the Arduino Yun that can do this right out of the box.

Please help !!

ledsarecool

Re: wireless sketch uploading

Post by ledsarecool » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:13 am

No, OK than...
Doesnt look like this gets read much here.
Thanks guys!

angusgr
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff

Post by angusgr » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:32 am

Hi ledsarecool,

Sorry, I thought I replied to you about this last week but it seems my reply vanished.

As far as I know Arduino Yun is the easiest option for wireless uploading.

It may be possible to hack something together using an ESP8266 module like the ESP-01, using something like our ESP-01 Shield as an adapter. However I don't know of any simple published solution to do this, you'd have to figure it out yourself.

If you want something running quickly and easily, probably best to go with Yun for now.

ledsarecool

Post by ledsarecool » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:51 am

:D hello these things happen.

Yes yun is quite expensive still atm.
And I dont understand the type of coding needed to comunicate with such modules.

It would be great to see freetronics to be the first the have a low cost plug and play wireless uploading shield or module.
This would be great for the DMD display as most displays are out of reach if permanently mounted.
Plus tweaking of code is possible if your Arduino board is hard to get at a needs some disassembly to reload like my message matrix clocks.

Lol be the first freetronics :arrow: :idea: :mrgreen:

KegRaider

Post by KegRaider » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:38 pm

Hi ledsarecool,

If you are still looking around at playing with WiFi uploading capable Arduino's, then take a look at the Spark team's....or Particle now rather..... Photon range of devices. They are cloud based, so once you take 'ownership' of the device, your modules connect to the particle cloud, and can send/receive data (sensors etc), plus you can program in any web browser and upload the code to your device.

https://store.particle.io/#photon

I backed these guys years ago on Kickstarter, with their original "Spark Core", but the photons are smaller, faster and hold more code.
https://docs.particle.io/datasheets/photon-datasheet/