Etherten and H Bridge Driver Shield

Just want to hang out with other Makers and chat about stuff? This is the place to do it.
avrdude

Etherten and H Bridge Driver Shield

Post by avrdude » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:52 pm

Hi,
I am currently doing a robotics project for school and wondering: can the H Bridge Driver shield be used with the Etherten, or will pins be in the way? I would be planning to mount the H Bridge shield on top of a protoshield short. Will some simple modding be required here, or is in totally not possible?
Thanks

avrdude

Re: Etherten and H Bridge Driver Shield

Post by avrdude » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:23 pm

Oh yes and i must also add that apart from physically fitting, I will need to use both motor channels for DC motors and will need to use the Etherten's ethernet capabilities at the same time as using the H bridge shield. Is this possible? Or will there be pin conflict?
Thanks

andrew
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff

Post by andrew » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:13 pm

avrdude wrote:Oh yes and i must also add that apart from physically fitting, I will need to use both motor channels for DC motors and will need to use the Etherten's ethernet capabilities at the same time as using the H bridge shield. Is this possible? Or will there be pin conflict?
Thanks
The HBRDIGE shield uses D2~7 so you won't have pin conflicts with the EtherTen unless you want to use the uSD socket which needs D4.

Physically if you have a shield between the HBRIDGE and the EtherTen you'll be fine.
Don't forget to power the project with external power and that the DC motor voltage must be between 8 and 40 VDC.

http://www.freetronics.com/pages/hbridg ... tart-guide

avrdude

Post by avrdude » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:47 am

Thanks for the quick reply, i was just wondering if itll all fit together. I have now got the H Bridge shield and it all works fine.
Thanks again.

andrew
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff

Post by andrew » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:04 am

avrdude wrote:Thanks for the quick reply, i was just wondering if itll all fit together. I have now got the H Bridge shield and it all works fine.
Thanks again.
No problem, have fun :)