Freetronics AVRISP programmer

Just want to hang out with other Makers and chat about stuff? This is the place to do it.
vero96

Re: Freetronics AVRISP programmer

Post by vero96 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:28 pm

Hi Angus,

Well I "think" I finally have installed Zadig correctly The trick seemed to be Click on -->Device -->Create new device --> then type USBasp into the top of the drop down menu hit Enter --> click the drop down arrow and the USBasp is found it --> click install driver --> will it will then install.

Hope that helps someone else! Windoze 8 sux :evil: I'm going to have to learn to use my Linux box :D more GUI's make me Lazy lol

Now I seem to have a problem with eXtreame burner after downloading ver 1.4.1 ( because v1 would not work ) v1.4.1 it makes it all the way through the install then immediately gives a ARVprog.exe - System error - message telling me The program can't start because libusb0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix the problem. ( which I have done several time / taken the windoze OS advise to no avail. I have also looked in --> Computer --> OS (C:\) --> Program files --> Extreame burner - AVR --> driver --> ai64 --> and the libusb0.dll file is there! ???

So the .dll is on the system it just can't seem to see it! any thoughts? ( other than microsoft sux ) That .dll file is the one for ver 1.4.1 by the way, so I'm at a loss - uninstalling extreamburner ver. 1 does not help either same result as above when I try a re-install of ver 1.4.1 which I have uninstalled prior to attemping a re-install.

Any thoughts or ideas always appreciated

Cheers, Vero

vero96

Post by vero96 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:19 pm

*bump*

So I was incorrect in what I wrote in regard to extreamburner
Now I seem to have a problem with eXtreame burner after downloading ver 1.4.1 ( because v1 would not work ) v1.4.1 it makes it all the way through the install then immediately gives a ARVprog.exe - System error - message telling me The program can't start because libusb0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix the problem. ( which I have done several time / taken the windoze OS advise to no avail. I have also looked in --> Computer --> OS (C:\) --> Program files --> Extreame burner - AVR --> driver --> ai64 --> and the libusb0.dll file is there! ???
the libusb0.dll file I was finding was for ver 1 , However with the win 8 pro OS when one goes to "apps" ver 1.4.1 is detected and tries to launch to unsuccessfully.

I uninstalled ver 1.4.1 and reinstalled ver 1 it will now launch ( however it is not displayed under "apps" and you have to look in --> Computer --> OS (C:\) --> Program files --> Extreame burner - AVR to launch it.

Problem being extreamburner does not detect the USBasp Programmer regardless of weather the target is connected or not.

I have done some searches and there are others with this problem it may be that the program is not compatible with win8 pro or driver signing needs to be disabled. I was unable to find the certificate.

If any one knows how to a. find the certificate and b. disable driver signing that would be a great help, I did follow the guide to disabling driver signing angus linked in an earlier post, however when I went in to the BIOS there was nothing I could find to do so options wise. There must be a way to get extreamburner working on a win8pro machine.

Cheers vero

angusgr
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff

Post by angusgr » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:53 am

Hi vero,

Sorry to hear it's not cooperating. I'm afraid I can't give any more advice except to try and find more information for how to disable driver signature verification on your particular Windows setup.

- Angis

vero96

Post by vero96 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:49 pm

Hi angus,

Still haven't been able to get zadig going.
try and find more information for how to disable driver signature verification on your particular Windows setup.

...did that, no difference I managed to get the work done on an XP so the USBasp did its job and the fact it provides the target power is a bonus! when I get it working on the desired machine win8pro I'll post how I did it to help other's.....I think it's a win8 thing....

Cheers vero

vero96

Post by vero96 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:06 pm

How I got it to work - followed this tutorial http://letsmakerobots.com/node/36841 on another machine (which helps) disabled the signature verification process. Worked perfectly first time I was able to read a few atmega8's on the win 8 machine. Thanks to everyone who helped, I must have been doing something wrong but swear I wasn't so..... what I think helped was a fresh download of zadig and started from scratch.

Cheers Vero :D