How To Upload A Sketch To Your Arduino Via A Network

Just want to hang out with other Makers and chat about stuff? This is the place to do it.
piko

How To Upload A Sketch To Your Arduino Via A Network

Post by piko » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:25 pm

Hello everyone,

I've been trying to fallow the tutorial but I'm a bit stuck in one place and not sure what to do next. Well, I'm at
2. Write the network settings to EEPROM with the WriteNetworkSettings sketch (which you're about to do).
And somehow I'm unable to upload the sketch to my ethernet board.
avrdude: ser_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
Can you elaborate on that please ?

I have Arduino Uno Ethernet and Arduino Uno, so I'm using Uno as my ISP programmer.
When I'm uploading sketch do I have to go to tools board and choose Arduino Ethernet ? Or maybe some other option?

Thx Piko

cef
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff

Re: How To Upload A Sketch To Your Arduino Via A Network

Post by cef » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:58 am

I believe that this part of the process must be done with an ISP, in the same way you uploaded the bootloader.

Note: Once you connect the ISP and want to upload the sketch, select the correct ISP using the options under "Tools -> Programmer", then select "File -> Upload Using Programmer". This will send the sketch via your ISP, instead of via the USB cable.

dynamicsoorya

Post by dynamicsoorya » Fri May 30, 2014 5:57 pm

Hello everyone,

I have problem at Step5: Upload sketch

I am following freetronics tutorial on How to upload a sketch via a network through this: http://www.freetronics.com/pages/how-to ... 4eJvXJdXKN

But I am struck at Step5. When I compile the BlinkUpLoadTest I do not get the line of code it is mentioned in the tutorial. I got a different line ending with .elf. I got a different line of code as shown below.
C:\Users\OMKARD~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build7757083408739135242.tmp\BlinkUploadTest.cpp.elf

I have set the path as asked. I have uploaded image of the command prompt aslo.
cmd_path.png
cmd_path
What is the problem?

Can anyone please advise??

Thanks in advance

angusgr
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff

Post by angusgr » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:57 am

Hi dynamics,

That path to the .elf file looks correct (it varies a bit each time, and between each system.) If you replace the path in the tutorial with the path you get, what happens?

- Angus

dynamicsoorya

Post by dynamicsoorya » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:44 pm

Dear angusgr ,

I was able to reach .elf file and I was able to convert .elf file at my path into a binary file. But i failed when i send the binary compiled code through tftp protocol. What happened is, the converted binary file is stored in a different path. If suppose .elf is at C/Program Files/ Arduino/bin and the binary files gets stored in a virtual memory: C/Users/Omkar/AppData/..... . , Those two are completely different paths. So after converting the .elf file into .bin file i am exiting from that path and a entering into a new path where this file(.bin) gets stored.

When i have exectued the tftp protocol, it says connection failed.
Please suggest

Thanks