Sorry for the silence

Just want to hang out with other Makers and chat about stuff? This is the place to do it.
jonoxer
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff

Sorry for the silence

Post by jonoxer » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:43 am

For the last couple of months I've been mostly absent from the forums, and in fact fairly silent on email and other places as well. I apologise for that, but unfortunately I had a bit of a medical issue that's now in the final stages of being sorted out. If you want to hear my tale of woe:

http://jon.oxer.com.au/blog/id/393

In any case, I'm going to try catching up on messages and unanswered posts so hopefully I'll be better at keeping up in future.
--
Jon

bwooce

Re: Sorry for the silence

Post by bwooce » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:18 am

Great to hear you are on the mend, I did wonder why it was so quiet around here.

Best of luck with your recovery, and I hope you're back making stuff soon. Perhaps a optimal hospital round scheduler :-)

Bruce

Flymo

Post by Flymo » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:33 pm

Oooh, man. I feel for you! (belatedly)

That is one bad thing to have.
Been something I lived with since my teens, recurring monthly sometimes. Then they put me on anti-allergy medication, and I now get through six months at a time without a hint of sinusitis. If it comes back again, well worth checking out the allergy possibility.

Good luck, hope it all comes good for you.

jonoxer
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff

Post by jonoxer » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:43 pm

Hi Bruce and Flymo, thanks for the comments!

Flymo, I'm really sorry to hear it's been such a long-term problem for you. I hope you manage to find other ways to keep it at bay, and things improve dramatically. It's amazing how much pain it can cause.
--
Jon

oliver

Post by oliver » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:27 am

Good luck and get well soon Jon.

liveitnerd

Post by liveitnerd » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:48 am

So sorry to hear you've been sick but so glad you re on the mend. Take it slowly and carefully to make sure you are better before returning to "normal" life.

jonoxer
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff

Post by jonoxer » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:21 am

Thanks for the well wishes! I'm feeling really good now, but I saw the ENT surgeon again yesterday and to my surprise the latest CT scan shows there's still quite a problem. I'm not experiencing any symptoms, but the report phrased it something like "minor improvement" compared to the previous scan, which was taken when I was totally messed up. It looks like the underlying cause is still there, even though the symptoms are (as far as I can tell) totally gone.

Anyway, enough about my problems. They're trivial compared to what many people suffer through, so I have it pretty good. Nothing to complain about at all. Better to spend the time playing with fun electronics than thinking about the bad stuff :-)
--
Jon

csconsulting

Post by csconsulting » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:36 am

I kinda know how you feel jon, just went on my honeymoon and had both maxillary sinuses infected. It was bacterial, and ended up with a 10mg injection in my arm. It was shitty as hell.

Get on the mend. Oh and i found drinking a LOT of water helped a lot with the draining of my sinuses.

jonoxer
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff

Post by jonoxer » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:57 pm

Erg, I'm sorry to hear it got you too, and on your honeymoon! That totally sucks. Perhaps you need to arrange a second honeymoon once you're fully recovered to make up for it.

I hope you're recovering fast.
--
Jon

csconsulting

Post by csconsulting » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:08 am

Yea the augmentin did a great job.

There is a bunch of spammers on the forums atm, do you have a member deleting them?