Death of our forum?

Just want to hang out with other Makers and chat about stuff? This is the place to do it.
Brissieboy

Death of our forum?

Post by Brissieboy » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:26 am

Is our once great forum on its way out? Is Freetronics in difficulties?
From a quick look, only 1 of the 7 listed admin team members has been active in the last few months, with most inactive for over 12 months.
This may account for the complete lack of control of the spam. More and more spam - fewer and fewer on-topic items. There seems to me to be a message there!
Something appear to be wrong somewhere.
It would be a real shame to lose this forum - it has provided help, ideas, encouragement, and information to many electronics enthusiasts of all levels.
Come on Freetronics, let's get this forum back under control!!
What can we do to help?

amandanunes

Re: Death of our forum?

Post by amandanunes » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:33 am

I agree this forum is dying slowly. I used to come here often but now i just keep providing online essay help to others with my content writing skills as i don't see much happening here.

JanS

Re: Death of our forum?

Post by JanS » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:40 pm

Hi guys,
I hope that things will go better in time. Maybe we join the club as moderators, and each of us takes a part of the forum for our account, just to clean up the spam and keep it alive.
I finished my new place with a Fibaro home automation (HC2) system and touch buttons as switches for the LED lighting in the house.
After two years we're looking for another place to build and design a complete new automation system. I've seen Jonathans superhouse tv series, and that inspired me to start with Raspberry Pi, Arduino, Openhab2/node-red and LED lighting. So now I'm running a project to set this up. Have a Raspberry Pi running Openhabian, Mosquitto and Node-Red, a Pi with a 7" capacitive touchscreen as operational input/output device and 3 Ethertens with Ndrive shields for light control. I have about two years to design a system, and I hope to post the progress here and get some answers for any issues. For network electronics, the Etherten has the best credentials if the support stays. Of course, there are other options, but freetronics would be my first choice. As a former Dutch industrial automation engineer, just moved to Aussie (2013) likes to buy local and see how things are done here down under. 8-)