USBDriod - HID Compliant Device

The USBDroid provides USB Host functionality for use as an Android peripheral as an Open Android Development Kit board. [Product page]
blancharddj

USBDriod - HID Compliant Device

Post by blancharddj » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:44 am

Hi,

relatively new to Arduino, and I have a USBDroid, and was looking to use it in a project idea for a controller that requires it to be recognized as a HID compliant device in Windows.

I've seen some vague how-to's on the Leostick subforum, and I've seen elsewhere online that updating the firmware on a vanilla Uno while the board is in DFU mode will make it recognizable by Windows as HID compliant, but I haven't found anything yet for this specific board.

Could someone please assist with the following:
* is the process for updating the firmware on the USBDroid with Flip to make it HID compliant the same as a vanilla Uno
* is there approved firmware/drivers for this specific board for Windows to recognize it as a HID compliant device somewhere that i haven't been able to find as yet?
* will updating the board in the same way as a vanilla Uno invalidate the USB Host/ADK components of this board?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

steeven

Re: USBDriod - HID Compliant Device

Post by steeven » Fri May 24, 2013 6:48 pm

blancharddj wrote:Hi,

relatively new to Arduino, and I have a USBDroid, and was looking to use it in a project idea for a controller that requires it to be recognized as a HID compliant device in Windows.

I've seen some vague how-to's on the Leostick subforum, and I've seen elsewhere online that updating the firmware on a vanilla Uno while the board is in DFU mode will make it recognizable by Windows as HID compliant, but I haven't found anything yet for this specific board.

Could someone please assist with the following:
* is the process for updating the firmware on the USBDroid with Flip to make it HID compliant the same as a vanilla Uno
* is there approved firmware/drivers for this specific board for Windows to recognize it as a HID compliant device somewhere that i haven't been able to find as yet?
* will updating the board in the same way as a vanilla Uno invalidate the USB Host/ADK components of this board?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Hi blancharddj. I think this link can help you. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... 98355.aspx. Check it out.

Freezerohmatic

Re: USBDriod - HID Compliant Device

Post by Freezerohmatic » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:46 pm

I know this is old but have a look at http://hunt.net.nz/users/darran/weblog/ ... mware.html

A really good step by step tutorial.