Has Anyone tried Android-x86 ?

The USBDroid provides USB Host functionality for use as an Android peripheral as an Open Android Development Kit board. [Product page]
dudleydo

Has Anyone tried Android-x86 ?

Post by dudleydo » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:48 am

it's a project to port android to x86 based computers. I initially tried the DIY route and downloaded the Android source code and patches . . . .

Suffice to say - after 30Gb or so of downloads, I gave up on DIY and went to http://www.tabletsx86.org/ - they have a couple of ISO images of Android 4.04 which I downloaded one of and now I have a version of it running on a pc here, with adb over ethernet so I can load apps from eclipse IDE directly etc. It's running with a logitech webcam, sound, wireless if I plug a USB dongle in - so no problems with accessories. Quite happy all of that works actually :) It even has a working installation of Google bits that allow it to have apps installed on it from PlayStore and access Google account and so on.

My question to this forum is :-

Is anyone else using it and have you tried hooking up the USBDroid to it ?

I ask because plugging it into the host port on the USBDroid would mean a USBa to USBa cable, and I don't feel like using it to only find out it cooks my USBDroid and/or the pc i plug it into.

Any thoughts would be most excellent - developing with USBDroid and a pc will be a bit easier on my eyes :)