Help needed with directory structure

The USBDroid provides USB Host functionality for use as an Android peripheral as an Open Android Development Kit board. [Product page]
rameses32

Help needed with directory structure

Post by rameses32 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:21 am

I'm having my usual problem, the Arduino software directory structure makes no sense to me, and because I have never got my head around it I always struggle when it comes to adding libraries and I end up struggling for hours. What I've done is install the newest Arduino software on my laptop and am trying to copy some of the stuff over from my pc. I'm trying to work wih my WiiRemote stuff and these are the errors I have it down to, any ideas where to start?

In file included from SteeringWii.cpp:9:
C:\arduino-1.0.1\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/Arduino.h:200: error: default argument given for parameter 3 of 'long unsigned int pulseIn(uint8_t, uint8_t, long unsigned int)'
C:\arduino-1.0.1\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/Arduino.h:109: error: after previous specification in 'long unsigned int pulseIn(uint8_t, uint8_t, long unsigned int)'
C:\arduino-1.0.1\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/Arduino.h:202: error: default argument given for parameter 3 of 'void tone(uint8_t, unsigned int, long unsigned int)'
C:\arduino-1.0.1\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/WProgram.h:24: error: after previous specification in 'void tone(uint8_t, unsigned int, long unsigned int)'
In file included from C:\arduino-1.0.1\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/Arduino.h:213,
from SteeringWii.cpp:9:
C:\arduino-1.0.1\hardware\arduino\variants\standard/pins_arduino.h:49: error: redefinition of 'const uint8_t A0'
C:\arduino-1.0.1\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/WProgram.h:51: error: 'const uint8_t A0' previously defined here
C:\arduino-1.0.1\hardware\arduino\variants\standard/pins_arduino.h:50: error: redefinition of 'const uint8_t A1'
C:\arduino-1.0.1\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/WProgram.h:52: error: 'const uint8_t A1' previously defined here
C:\arduino-1.0.1\hardware\arduino\variants\standard/pins_arduino.h:51: error: redefinition of 'const uint8_t A2'
C:\arduino-1.0.1\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/WProgram.h:53: error: 'const uint8_t A2' previously defined here
C:\arduino-1.0.1\hardware\arduino\variants\standard/pins_arduino.h:52: error: redefinition of 'const uint8_t A3'
C:\arduino-1.0.1\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/WProgram.h:54: error: 'const uint8_t A3' previously defined here
C:\arduino-1.0.1\hardware\arduino\variants\standard/pins_arduino.h:53: error: redefinition of 'const uint8_t A4'
C:\arduino-1.0.1\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/WProgram.h:55: error: 'const uint8_t A4' previously defined here
C:\arduino-1.0.1\hardware\arduino\variants\standard/pins_arduino.h:54: error: redefinition of 'const uint8_t A5'
C:\arduino-1.0.1\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/WProgram.h:56: error: 'const uint8_t A5' previously defined here
C:\arduino-1.0.1\hardware\arduino\variants\standard/pins_arduino.h:55: error: redefinition of 'const uint8_t A6'
C:\arduino-1.0.1\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/WProgram.h:57: error: 'const uint8_t A6' previously defined here
C:\arduino-1.0.1\hardware\arduino\variants\standard/pins_arduino.h:56: error: redefinition of 'const uint8_t A7'
C:\arduino-1.0.1\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/WProgram.h:58: error: 'const uint8_t A7' previously defined here

davewal

Re: Help needed with directory structure

Post by davewal » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:34 am

You're not alone with not understanding the directory structure!!

Anyhow, I think you only need Arduino.h (not WProgram.h) since version 1.0 of the IDE.

Dave

rameses32

Re: Help needed with directory structure

Post by rameses32 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:02 pm

The mystery continues, I replaced the Wprogram.h with Arduino.h in all of the programs associated with it, and then received a whole bunch of new errors, shifted a lot of files around and got it down to 6, and had to copy servo.h and servo.cpp to the wiiremote folder in the libraries folder, didn't make any sense to me but everything works now, so I am happy and the filestructure mystery continues:)
Charley