Falstad Circuit Simulator

Do you have an idea for a device that you think Freetronics should create? Discuss your ideas here! Sometimes we may even give you a sneak peek at secret projects we have in the pipeline, or ask for feedback on designs before they go into production.
mdance

Falstad Circuit Simulator

Post by mdance » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:28 am

Good Afternoon,

I am new to electronics and have been using the Falstad Circuit Simulator (http://www.falstad.com/circuit/) to try and wrap my head around how different circuits work.

I have been trying my best to port some of the various freetronics shields and modules into the simulator, and figured I would post it here as a suggestion as it would probably take no time at all for someone who knew what they were doing, and is very helpful for beginners.

Perhaps this could be attached to each product page along with the sketches, and design files.

andrew
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff

Re: Falstad Circuit Simulator

Post by andrew » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:38 am

Although that's a great simulator, it's really for analogue electronics and TTL/CMOS digital. All of our products (except for a couple, e.g. the piezo and MIC: modules) are either based on microcontrollers or communicate via digital data streams.

If there's a particular part you're having trouble understanding, feel free to ask publicly here or email support@freetronics.com for more help.

mdance

Re: Falstad Circuit Simulator

Post by mdance » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:53 am

I figured it would be too simplistic for the more advanced shields, but at the moment I am trying to simulate one of the channels on the relay shield, and potentially the logic level converter module in order to simulate the relay switching power to a 12V PIR sensor (http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=LA5476) to feed into a digital input on the eleven which would then communicate with a raspberry pi.

For anyone interested, or hopefully able to help I have attached the exported circuits.
Attachments
logic-level-converter.txt
Logic Level Converter
(461 Bytes) Downloaded 87 times
relay-shield.txt
Relay Shield Circuit
(1.14 KiB) Downloaded 80 times