Ultrasonic Proximity Sensors

Do you have an idea for a device that you think Freetronics should create? Discuss your ideas here! Sometimes we may even give you a sneak peek at secret projects we have in the pipeline, or ask for feedback on designs before they go into production.
Geoffro

Ultrasonic Proximity Sensors

Post by Geoffro » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:06 pm

Are you going to ever stock these by any chance? They seem to be a pretty common thing with actual arduino kits and on ebay seem relatively inexpensive.

https://www.google.com.au/search?rlz=1C ... iAfbsoHIAw

andrew
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff

Re: Ultrasonic Proximity Sensors

Post by andrew » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:15 pm

Not right now... however one of our resellers has them:
http://littlebirdelectronics.com/produc ... le-hc-sr04

Geoffro

Post by Geoffro » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:19 am

Thanks John, will do. Just thought I'd ask first as I couldn't find them on the product page. Also have seen a neat tutorial where a guy rips the infared TX/RX leds from a remote and VCR to make a reasonably good proximity sensor, might even give that a go.. not like the VCR is going to get any use again lol...

andrew
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff

Post by andrew » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:26 am

Geoffro wrote:Thanks John, will do. Just thought I'd ask first as I couldn't find them on the product page. Also have seen a neat tutorial where a guy rips the infared TX/RX leds from a remote and VCR to make a reasonably good proximity sensor, might even give that a go.. not like the VCR is going to get any use again lol...
Good idea. Wish you'd mentioned that last week - it was hard rubbish kerbside collection time. Must have walked past a dozen VCRs...