Arduino Due with Ethernet

Do you have an idea for a device that you think Freetronics should create? Discuss your ideas here! Sometimes we may even give you a sneak peek at secret projects we have in the pipeline, or ask for feedback on designs before they go into production.
audiobuzz

Arduino Due with Ethernet

Post by audiobuzz » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:37 am

Hi all,

I'm sure it's on your radar at some point but with the release of the new Arduino Due the only option we currently have for ethernet is a shield. I love the EtherTen and use it for multiple projects but the power of a 32bit processor with onboard ethernet would be awesome.

The chip on the Due has a built in Ethernet MAC so maybe this could be used but honestly I'd be happy with a wiznet based solution for the moment.

Anyway, just thought I'd add my vote. Keep up the excellent work.

AB

greywolf271

Re: Arduino Due with Ethernet

Post by greywolf271 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:20 am

<Stamping my feet and demanding it now>

I've got a network of Etherten-Unos and I need more computing power.
If you guys can do this I'll buy 4 boards right now.

come on Jon
Pleazze !!!

tronixstuff
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff

Post by tronixstuff » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:50 pm

Might be a bit tricky at the moment - the AT91SAM3X8E is difficult to get in volume. Nevertheless I'm sure Marc and Jon are thinking about it.

greywolf271

Post by greywolf271 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:14 am

tronixstuff wrote:Might be a bit tricky at the moment - the AT91SAM3X8E is difficult to get in volume. Nevertheless I'm sure Marc and Jon are thinking about it.
I thought that would be the case, everyone who can get it is running hot with sales. LittleBird is out of stock too, so I ordered a couple from China for now for development, but still prefer a combined ether and Due.
So when you have the chance to do it, I'll be waiting. I prefer Freetronics quality control.

tronixstuff
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff

Post by tronixstuff » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:22 am

greywolf271 wrote:
tronixstuff wrote:Might be a bit tricky at the moment - the AT91SAM3X8E is difficult to get in volume. Nevertheless I'm sure Marc and Jon are thinking about it.
I thought that would be the case, everyone who can get it is running hot with sales. LittleBird is out of stock too, so I ordered a couple from China for now for development, but still prefer a combined ether and Due.
So when you have the chance to do it, I'll be waiting. I prefer Freetronics quality control.
If you're busting to get a real Due, element14 have some. Part 2250861

greywolf271

Post by greywolf271 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:17 am

Yes, I came across those. However the ebay chap seems ok. Qty 2 just squeezed in below AU$100 and I'm happy with the deal. I'll let you folks know how they turn out.

greywolf271

Post by greywolf271 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:49 am

I have been using these two boards now for a number of weeks and I'm happy with the purchase. The programmer interface is on a separate smaller board, which according to the manufacturer "saves costs" but for the price I paid, I did'nt care about buying the extra programmer board. The manufacturing quality is decent. It's still on ebay.

jonoxer
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff

Post by jonoxer » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:41 am

It's been a while, but you'll be happy to hear we're doing hardware prototypes now for the EtherDue - which is exactly what it sounds like! The final production version should be available in about 6 weeks.
--
Jon

andrew
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff

Post by andrew » Thu May 01, 2014 8:41 am