ATMega1284P

Do you have an idea for a device that you think Freetronics should create? Discuss your ideas here! Sometimes we may even give you a sneak peek at secret projects we have in the pipeline, or ask for feedback on designs before they go into production.
cjdelphi

ATMega1284P

Post by cjdelphi » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:27 am

Basically I have an etherten, and now i'm out of memory.

Any chance of seeing the ATMega1284P to run say an EtherTwenty?
Time for a '1284 based board. 16K SRAM, 128K Flash.
Handy with a soldering iron? I sell these bare boards for $4.50 mailed to you.
www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17 for the PL
one of the guys over at the arduino forum offered me this

which i probably will, but even if i build this and source all the components (which i could, I built my own circuits before i even discovered what an atmega or who atmel even were) .

but even if i did build it, it's going to lack the "greatness" of the etherten boards since it's all built in..

My option would be, build one and then buy an ethernet shield... (don't wanna have to do that lol.., but yes, i've hit my 30k limit and time to upgrade.... but Freetronics don't currently have anything to offer :( :( )

cef
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff

Re: ATMega1284P

Post by cef » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:52 am

Would a 2560 do?

Cos you know, there's already the EtherMega.

Edit: Woops! Didn't notice that the issue might be the amount of SRAM, which is bigger on the 1284 than even the 2560. Still needs clarification if it's the SRAM size that's this persons issue, or something else.

europa

Re: ATMega1284P

Post by europa » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:14 am

Hi,
I built a Freetronics Kit Ten clone some time ago and then decided to design and build a 1284P upgrade, maybe you might find this link of interest? http://forum.jeelabs.net/node/1056

Matt.