Sneak peek at our latest project

Do you have an idea for a device that you think Freetronics should create? Discuss your ideas here! Sometimes we may even give you a sneak peek at secret projects we have in the pipeline, or ask for feedback on designs before they go into production.
jonoxer
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff

Sneak peek at our latest project

Post by jonoxer » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:44 pm

I've managed to (mostly) keep my mouth closed about this little project for a surprisingly long time, but now that we're so close to completing the first production batch I can't resist letting a few things slip. This is a cardboard mock-up (life size) of the PCB:
LeoStick-mockup.jpg
We've fabricated half a dozen design-validation prototypes but they have ugly green PCBs and they're hand-assembled, so I'm not going to show those publicly! The 1000 production units being fabbed right now have sexy black PCBs with yellow markings, like the mockups.

Oh yeah, and of those 1000 units, 700 have been earmarked for a certain major event coming up in just a couple of weeks. I wonder what that could be?
--
Jon

sawtellda

Re: Sneak peek at our latest project

Post by sawtellda » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:26 am

The Freetronics Duino-Stick? Arduino in USB Stick format?

leo? Desingned Jul 23 - Aug 22? Or some connection to Silicon Chip Author? hmm.

richii

Post by richii » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:17 am

jonoxer wrote:Oh yeah, and of those 1000 units, 700 have been earmarked for a certain major event coming up in just a couple of weeks. I wonder what that could be?
Damn, I'll be out of the country for LCA :-(

swordfishBob

Post by swordfishBob » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:04 pm

"Arduino Compatible", "LeoStick". Hmm... Leo :?:

LukeW

Post by LukeW » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:35 am

It's called the LeoStick because it's a derivative of the Arduino Leonardo. Except that it's not actually vaporware and it will be released before the Leonardo actually is, it seems.