Arduino & Pi in harmony - As a web Server

Showcase your projects! We love to see what people come up with, so please share your creations here.
Jed Hodson

Arduino & Pi in harmony - As a web Server

Post by Jed Hodson » Mon May 18, 2015 8:17 am

Hi all,
Long time since last project, but I've made my way back. And this is the latest - The Arduino and Pi over USB to serve as a Web server for sensors (of all types!)

This Arduino and Raspberry Pi based project takes sensor data from the Arduino and sends it over USB to the Raspberry Pi. The data is then formed into a web page on the Pi. The web page is fully customizable. Here we use the Freetronics IR Thermometer Module to supply a stream of data to the Arduino then to the Pi. Its good if you want to have the Arduino host webpages that contain sensor data but you don’t have a Ethernet Shield. Just send it to the Pi to take advantage of more computing power.
I used the Freetronics IR Temp Sensor for this project (although any sensor compatible with the Arduino can be used) as I supplies a constant data stream and the leostick (its small and works perfectly for this)

You can view the project over on my new and improved (greatly improved) site http://prototypingcorner.me/

Hope you like it and all the best

Jed Hodson

andrew
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff

Re: Arduino & Pi in harmony - As a web Server

Post by andrew » Mon May 18, 2015 10:51 am

Well done Jed, and nice to see you back.
Your new website looks great too, keep up the good work. :)