Using 1N4148 not 1N4007

Showcase your projects! We love to see what people come up with, so please share your creations here.
Bartowski

Using 1N4148 not 1N4007

Post by Bartowski » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:01 pm

As is list in the article: http://wintronic.hqew.net/news/news-33831, Crystal diode is a semiconductor devices at both ends of solid-state electronic devices. The main features of these devices are nonlinear current voltage characteristics. With the development of semiconductor materials and technology, various semiconductor materials, doping distribution and geometric structure have been developed, and many kinds of crystal diodes with various kinds of structure and different functional applications have been developed. The manufacturing materials are germanium, silicon and compound semiconductors. Crystal diodes can be used to generate, control, receive, transform, amplify signals and carry out energy conversion.

the main characteristic of the diode is the unidirectional conductivity, that is, under the action of the forward voltage, the conduction resistance is very small, and the resistance is great or infinity under the action of the reverse voltage. Because of the characteristics of the diode, the cordless telephone often uses it in rectifying, isolating, stabilizing, polarity protection, coding control, FM modulation and static noise. The crystal diodes used in the telephone can be divided into rectifying diodes (such as 1N4004), isolated diodes (such as 1N4148 diode, Schottky diodes (such as BAT85), light emitting diodes, and voltage regulated diodes.

Now,question is coming:

My PC game controller broke and since I have some old PS1 controllers I was thinking about converting one to PC. After some googling I found all I need is a parallel port plug and some 1N4148 diodes. But I live in a small town in the mountains and is not easy for me to get new components, I was wondering if the 1N4007 diodes I have could replace the 1N4148.

Brissieboy

Re: Using 1N4148 not 1N4007

Post by Brissieboy » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:06 am

You could try them, but they are very different devices and will may not work reliably. The 1n4148 is a fast switching diode while the 1n4007 is a power diode and very slow in comparison.Tried Ebay or other on-line option if you can't get to a supplier?