cannot pair blue tooth

Simple Bluetooth serial communications for your Arduino. Pair with your Mac, Linux, or Windows computer to send and receive messages using regular Serial.print() commands. [Product page]
seeimadeit

cannot pair blue tooth

Post by seeimadeit » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:40 am

I've just opened the package from buying it. I've read the instructions and it says to connect using 0000 or 1234 (depending on which document your reading). but it's failing to connect.
I'm using a mac.

so I'm guessing the pairing codes on the chip don't match the documentation. the led - blue is on, and the yellow flashing.

I'm trying to find some documentation for the device but cannot find it. I was hoping I could reprogram the pairing code.

any help would be great.

thanks

seeimadeit

Re: cannot pair blue tooth

Post by seeimadeit » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:03 am

I just tried to capture some logs to send to you and found the device will now pair with the mac.
so I don't know what caused the problem earlier but it's working just fine right now.

Peter

angusgr
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff

Re: cannot pair blue tooth

Post by angusgr » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:47 pm

Hi Peter,

Good to hear you got the Bluetooth Shield to work with your Mac in the end.

The reference to a 0000 PIN code was a mistake, I've removed it from the guide.

I also expanded the section on LED indicators to mention the blue power LED as well as the colours of the other two (yellow & green).

Please let us know if you have any more problems communicating with the Bluetooth Shield.

Angus