Unable to compile

ArduPhone is an Arduino-compatible mobile phone (cellphone). [Product page]
LizQuilty

Unable to compile

Post by LizQuilty » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:10 pm

Having issue with compiling the firmware_v1 for the Arduphone. This is the error i get

Code: Select all

ui.ino:52:23: error: variable ‘mainMenu0’ must be const in order to be put into read-only section by means of ‘__attribute__((progmem))’
ui.ino:53:23: error: variable ‘mainMenu1’ must be const in order to be put into read-only section by means of ‘__attribute__((progmem))’
ui.ino:54:23: error: variable ‘mainMenu2’ must be const in order to be put into read-only section by means of ‘__attribute__((progmem))’
ui.ino:55:23: error: variable ‘mainMenu3’ must be const in order to be put into read-only section by means of ‘__attribute__((progmem))’
ui.ino:56:23: error: variable ‘mainMenu4’ must be const in order to be put into read-only section by means of ‘__attribute__((progmem))’
ui.ino:57:23: error: variable ‘mainMenu5’ must be const in order to be put into read-only section by means of ‘__attribute__((progmem))’
ui.ino:58:23: error: variable ‘mainMenu6’ must be const in order to be put into read-only section by means of ‘__attribute__((progmem))’
ui.ino:59:23: error: variable ‘mainMenu7’ must be const in order to be put into read-only section by means of ‘__attribute__((progmem))’
ui.ino:60:23: error: variable ‘mainMenu8’ must be const in order to be put into read-only section by means of ‘__attribute__((progmem))’
ui.ino:61:23: error: variable ‘mainMenu9’ must be const in order to be put into read-only section by means of ‘__attribute__((progmem))’
ui.ino:63:38: error: variable ‘main_menu_table’ must be const in order to be put into read-only section by means of ‘__attribute__((progmem))’
I have all the dependencies and libraries in the usual places

Code: Select all

ls sketchbook/libraries/firmware_v1/
firmware_v1.ino  gsm.ino  keypad.ino  README.md  screen.ino  sound.ino  ui.h  ui.ino  usbserial.ino  util.ino
Anyone have any ideas?

angusgr
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff

Re: Unable to compile

Post by angusgr » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:56 pm

Hi Liz,

There were some issues with the ArduPhone firmware and more recent versions of avr-gcc and avr-libc (as shipped in some Linux distributions.) The error messages looked like these.

If you grab the latest firmware source from here, does it fix the problem?
https://github.com/freetronics/ArduPhone-Software/

(You can either 'git clone' that repo, or use the Download Zip button to get a zip file with the source, whichever works for you.)

- Angus

PS Great to see you at LCA2014, already looking forward to 2015 in Auckland!

LizQuilty

Post by LizQuilty » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:31 am

I will try re-downloading when i get home to see if it makes any difference :)

LizQuilty

Post by LizQuilty » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:13 am

okidoke, the update fixed things! thanks heaps :D

LizQuilty

Post by LizQuilty » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:22 am

Hmm new issue, it starts up, searches for the network, then reboots ? Unsure if thats because it can't find the network or there is some issue?

Update: ok re-flashed the firmware and now just can't find the network - I have started a new thread for that