Ethernet.localIP() returns 0.0.0.0

The EtherTen combines an Uno-equivalent Arduino-compatible board and Wiznet-based Ethernet support, along with a microSD card slot and Power-over-Ethernet support. [Product page]
Ishikawaii

Ethernet.localIP() returns 0.0.0.0

Post by Ishikawaii » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:13 am

I have been trying to assign an IP address to the EtherTen for half a day now but every time I open the serial monitor to check the IP it reports "Server is at 0.0.0.0". I am currently running the "Web Server" example from the Ethernet library and have changed the IP to 192, 168, 2, 177 in accordance to my router. I have tried loading the sketch with and without the Ethernet cable plugged in and I have also tried to used a variety of IP's but still seems to only return 0.0.0.0. I have tried connecting other things to my router and that does work.

I have tried this particular EtherTen connected to my computer's ethernet port and I remember that it was a very hit and miss experience, sometimes it would connect and sometimes it would not connect.

Please help.

Edit:
I tested another EtherTen and it returns the correct IP address, I suspect the W5100 chip may be broken.

danieldewaard
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff

Re: Ethernet.localIP() returns 0.0.0.0

Post by danieldewaard » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:49 am

Hi Ishikawaii,

Sorry for the very slow response. If you are still having problems just send us an email at support@freetronics.com and we can organise a replacement.

Regards, Daniel