Anyone encountered this problem? Relays randomly activate when turning lights on

The EtherTen combines an Uno-equivalent Arduino-compatible board and Wiznet-based Ethernet support, along with a microSD card slot and Power-over-Ethernet support. [Product page]
keiranwyllie

Anyone encountered this problem? Relays randomly activate when turning lights on

Post by keiranwyllie » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:04 am

Hi everyone.

I'm curious to know whether anyone has run into this occurrence. I am using an EtherTen shield with two 8 channel relay driver shields (freetronics) stacked on top. Each of the driver shields is connected to an 8 channel relay board (driving 16 relays at the moment).

I've made some simple switches to replace the normal HPM light switches, using an LED tactile switch from Jaycar. These were made using 10k pulldown resistors with 47R current limiting resistors on the +ve side of the LED power.

At the moment I'm only using 5 of these switches to control a few lights at the front of the house. The issue I've noticed is that when everything is powered up, and I switch on the Garage light (standard HPM light switch - fluro light), one or two of the relays randomly activate.

Hopefully I've provided enough info to see if anyone else has experienced this. Happy to provide sketch code or circuit diagram of switches if need be.

Thanks in advance.