compressor control

The EtherTen combines an Uno-equivalent Arduino-compatible board and Wiznet-based Ethernet support, along with a microSD card slot and Power-over-Ethernet support. [Product page]
impala

compressor control

Post by impala » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:02 am

Hi
I'm new to the world of auduino.
I have just built new workshop in which I using to restore my old classic cars.
I have 3 air compressors which are located about 30 - 40 meters away in a sound proof shed.
90% of the time I will only be using 1 compressor but when sand blasting etc. I will need 2 or 3 on line.
Using an EtherTen with an 8-Channel Relay Driver Shield & 3 SSRs I want to be able to switch on 1, 2 or all 3.
But I do not want to be able to start all 3 at same time as starting current would trip the 240 volt circuit breaker.
When started the compressors switch themselves off & on using built in pressure switches
I don’t want the compressors to be able to start simultaneously.
And on the html page (which will run on the SD card on the either10) that will monitor and control the compressor’s I want to be able turn on & off any one of the 3 machines & to be able to see what machines are running (not just switched on)
to monitor the pressure switches will I use a opto coupler or something similar.
Can any help me withe above or point me in the direction of something done already.
Many thanks in anticipation of any help.