Passwords on EEPROM

The EtherTen combines an Uno-equivalent Arduino-compatible board and Wiznet-based Ethernet support, along with a microSD card slot and Power-over-Ethernet support. [Product page]
CaxtonQ

Passwords on EEPROM

Post by CaxtonQ » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:04 am

Hi,

I'm still a newbie at this beginning to find my way around.

Just wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction.

Have just started this simple project with the EtherTen. http://www.instructables.com/id/Arduino ... /?ALLSTEPS

Having trouble understanding how to initialise the EEPROM to store the password in Step 8. I run a iMac on OS X 8 and the app discussed in the tutorial talks of using MegunoLink Pro on Windows. Am I right in understanding that i have to flash the ROM to hold the passwords and could someone explain how to do that or point me the right direction.

Thanks

andrew
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff

Re: Passwords on EEPROM

Post by andrew » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:56 pm

It looks as if there are serial text commands to set and change the password.
For those who would rather do things without the handy MegunoLink interface, the commands for the EtherTen program are as follows:

init-pwd\r This initialises the EEPROM for storing passwords, overwriting any that were previously stored.
list-pwd\r This will trigger a list of the currently stored passwords to be sent back over the serial connection.
set-pwd {NewPasswordSlot} {NewPassword}\r This stores the password specified to the slot specified (1-10).
You could try using the Serial Monitor in the Arduino IDE to enter those commands.