D2 not working?

The EtherTen combines an Uno-equivalent Arduino-compatible board and Wiznet-based Ethernet support, along with a microSD card slot and Power-over-Ethernet support. [Product page]
AndrewP
D2 not working?

Post by AndrewP » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:23 am

I have a simple setup, with a DS1820 temp probe in D9 (with 4K7 resistor) it works fine, but I want to move the input to D2 but when I do it just states "no more addresses" and no temperature is read.

The only difference in the setup between it working and not is the input in D9 or D2 and the line of code below altered accordingly and uploaded.

OnWire ds(2); //does not work with input in D2

OnWire ds(9); // works with input in D9

But I want to add the freetronics LCD shield which uses D3 to D9, the etherten board uses D10 to D13. D0,D1 is used for serial RX/TX so how do you get around this problem.

angusgr
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff

Re: D2 not working?

Post by angusgr » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:55 am

Hi Andrew,

Are you using PaulS's OneWire library from here:
http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_libs_OneWire.html

Or are you using another library?

My only other advice would be to triple-check the wiring and the pin assignments, but it sounds like you've done that.

Angus

AndrewP

Re: D2 not working?

Post by AndrewP » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:59 am

Yes using that 1 wire library, I might of pop that port. Changed the sensor to one A3 and set A3 to digital and it works fine 8-) . Can confirm the fish tank only drops 0.7C overnight which is great. Thanks for a advice.