Home Automation

The EtherTen combines an Uno-equivalent Arduino-compatible board and Wiznet-based Ethernet support, along with a microSD card slot and Power-over-Ethernet support. [Product page]
syk35
Home Automation

Post by syk35 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:04 am

Hey guys

My EtherTen is my first project with arduino. I would like to try and make a simple web based home automation control. I am experimenting with sample sketches to help to learn some code. All I want my EtherTen to do is switch on my a/c and front door light via a web page. I have worked out how to setup a basic web server and get it to work (setup static ip, port forwarding etc). Anyone have a webserver sketch that lists the EtherTen inputs and outputs and can control them from via a web page? (something like the web server sketch that comes with the arduino software that displays the analog input values but control the outputs as well).

The 240v side of the project will be a piece of cake, i will just get a relay to switch the front door light and i have an air conditioner that has remote run contacts to switch it on/off.

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

syk35

Re: Home Automation

Post by syk35 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:23 am

Thanks tronixstuff. The sketch has errors when i try and upload it to my board. Im playing around with this below sketch too

http://www.arduinoprojectshq.com/arduin ... olled-led/

FransDeGreef

Re: Home Automation

Post by FransDeGreef » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:42 am

home automation system put in in your house is usually useful to you and your family. you can't even say that it's another expense since having such a system is taken into account an honest investment, not extremely simply an expense. It will even prevent from the likelihood of thievery and losses.