RFID door lock shield and NFC

Control electric door locks and strike plates using your Arduino and an RFID module. Serial interface for an external RFID reader, and a switched output for door strike control. [Product page]
Mickdula
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:39 am

RFID door lock shield and NFC

Post by Mickdula » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:01 am

Hey guys,

Wanna build a read/write struck lock for the front door and wanted to use an nfc setup. Anyone know if the dirt lock shield would accept any nfc reader/writers.

andrew
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff
Posts: 978
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:06 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: RFID door lock shield and NFC

Post by andrew » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:28 pm

You can use any reader that has serial data between the reader and Arduino software serial. Reply with a link to the reader you're considering and we can have a look.

Mickdula
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:39 am

Re: RFID door lock shield and NFC

Post by Mickdula » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:34 am

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... 0777694979.

I have a rfid-rc532 from sainsmart that they claim is read only to rfid. Others say it's read write rfid and nfc. Also the rc522 has 8 pins in the board and the door lock shield has 4 pins in can you help me with hook up.

andrew
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff
Posts: 978
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:06 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: RFID door lock shield and NFC

Post by andrew » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:29 am

Mickdula wrote:http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... 0777694979.

I have a rfid-rc532 from sainsmart that they claim is read only to rfid. Others say it's read write rfid and nfc. Also the rc522 has 8 pins in the board and the door lock shield has 4 pins in can you help me with hook up.
The RXD and TXD of your ebay reader would connect to the "RFID reader" area on the shield, along with 5V and GND.

The RC522 uses either the SPI or I2C buses, which are different altogether. SPI is digital pins 10~13 on the Arduino/Eleven and I2C is A4/A5. Make sure you can get the documentation with any reader you buy.

Mickdula
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:39 am

Re: RFID door lock shield and NFC

Post by Mickdula » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:58 am

What about this one. Seems the same except it has sda and scl instead of tx rx. http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... 0850345635


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andrew
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff
Posts: 978
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:06 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: RFID door lock shield and NFC

Post by andrew » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:21 am

Mickdula wrote:What about this one. Seems the same except it has sda and scl instead of tx rx. http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... 0850345635
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SDA/SCL means I2C, so again use A4/A5.

Mickdula
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:39 am

Re: RFID door lock shield and NFC

Post by Mickdula » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:11 pm

Would a rfidread-rw from priority 1 be a better, simpler solution?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andrew
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff
Posts: 978
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:06 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: RFID door lock shield and NFC

Post by andrew » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:35 pm

Mickdula wrote:Would a rfidread-rw from priority 1 be a better, simpler solution?
Unless you're restricted by price, the next consideration would be the physical range available with the reader (if that's an issue). If not, then yes go for the P1 reader used in the book as Jon has tested it.

Eyebrow
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:32 pm

Re: RFID door lock shield and NFC

Post by Eyebrow » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:38 pm

hey guys, has anyone had any luck getting ultralite or mifare classic cards going with this shield?
There seems to be a wealth of 125k info but little HF/NFC integration.

Does Priority 1 do a HF reader?

andrew
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff
Posts: 978
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:06 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: RFID door lock shield and NFC

Post by andrew » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:46 pm

Eyebrow wrote:hey guys, has anyone had any luck getting ultralite or mifare classic cards going with this shield?
There seems to be a wealth of 125k info but little HF/NFC integration.

Does Priority 1 do a HF reader?
It would appear not:
http://www.priority1design.com.au/products.html

However you can still use other readers/NFC etc. and use this shield to control the door strike.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest