gbrl with R3 shield

Drive a 4-wire bipolar stepper motor or a pair of DC motors from your Arduino. [Product page]
toothtec

gbrl with R3 shield

Post by toothtec » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:10 am

I would like to connect the gbrl with the shield. It seems gbrl works from pin 1-4, but the voltage is too low to run the motor. pls help.

andrew
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff

Re: gbrl with R3 shield

Post by andrew » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:19 am

The HBRIDGE shield supports motor voltages between 8 and 40V DC. Do your motors' voltage fall between that range?

toothtec

Post by toothtec » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:59 pm

My motor works on 12v.. So, I have the 12v dc going into the board and the motor is plugged in to 1to 4 . The jumpers are connected for channel a and b. When I run the arduino sketch "one turn" the motor works fine..
However, I want to use gbrl with it, so I have uploaded the gbrl sketch to my arduino. Gbrl recognises the board, but when I move any of the axis, the motor will not turn.. It seems like the gbrl sketch does not feed current to my motor. Maybe the sketch sends current to the other pins instead?
My aim is to make a DVDs writer mechanism move with gbrl.. Should I be using a different shield? I need creation workshop to run gbrl for a z axis.

andrew
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff

Post by andrew » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:26 am

Sounds like you will need to modify your sketch.
Could you please post it here and we can take a look.