Stacking H-Bridge Motor Driver Shields

Drive a 4-wire bipolar stepper motor or a pair of DC motors from your Arduino. [Product page]
Mick

Stacking H-Bridge Motor Driver Shields

Post by Mick » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:36 am

hi
was just wondering if i can stack more than one of these shields

andrew
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff

Re: Stacking H-Bridge Motor Driver Shields

Post by andrew » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:46 am

Hi Mick
Welcome to the forum.

In theory to use two you would need to modify the second shield by manually running wires from the three jumpers for each DC motor channel to different digital pins. For example channel A on the shield from the factory uses D4, D7 and PWM on D6... channel B uses D2, D3 and PWM on D5.

On the second shield you would then need to run jumpers from the input header pins for channel A to the solder points next to, say D12, D13 and D10 for PWM and channel B to D9 for PWM and perhaps use two analogue pins as digital outputs.

Then connect the external power in parallel.

cjgaus

Post by cjgaus » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:15 am

I was curious if its just a matter of changing the jumpers on the Bluetooth shield to another digital pin that's not being used by the H-Bridge shield to allow it to be stacked?

andrew
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff

Post by andrew » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:48 pm

cjgaus wrote:I was curious if its just a matter of changing the jumpers on the Bluetooth shield to another digital pin that's not being used by the H-Bridge shield to allow it to be stacked?
If you're using our Bluetooth Shield it needs to be set to use D0 and D1 as the HBRIDGE shield uses D2~D7.