OLED Shield + Arduino Uno Smd R2

128x128 pixel 1.5" full colour OLED display with MicroSD card slot. [Product page]
camo_g

OLED Shield + Arduino Uno Smd R2

Post by camo_g » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:53 pm

Hi I just bought the OLED Display and OLED shield and hooked it up to my Arduino Uno SMD R2

I follow the instructions in the OLED Shield Setup and Software setup and then uploaded the all_drawing_operations to my Arduino but nothing happened :(

First questions is: on both sides the shield has a couple of extra header pins than my arduino does, so I have 2 extra pins hanging over the edge
On one side the SCL and SDA pins are just hanging out, and on the other side NC and IOREF are bumping into some capacitors so I have bent them out of the way. Are these pins necessary for the Shield to work?

Second question: after a couple of minutes of it not working, I noticed that the pins of the OLED connector were all contacting the Arduino's USB housing, possibly shorting everything out. Will this have caused any damage to the OLED Display or Arduino?

I am guessing I am going to have to buy another Arduino to get this working

Thanks in advance for any help you can give

camo_g

Re: OLED Shield + Arduino Uno Smd R2

Post by camo_g » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:19 am

Thought I would post here an update in case anyone else had similar questions

I have since bought a newer Arduino Uno R3 and the shield and screen are working fine, so I guess it wasn't compatible with R2.
And the shield was not damaged as it still works!

As for the Uno R2 I am guessing it is ok but I haven't tried to use it since then.