Arduino IDE Tools/Board menu scrolling

An advanced Arduino-compatible board with ATmega1284P and ATmega32u2 MCUs for experienced users. More RAM than a Mega, but in a convenient Uno-style form factor. [Product page]
stryker

Arduino IDE Tools/Board menu scrolling

Post by stryker » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:53 am

Hi

I know this isn't directly a Goldilocks issue, but still in Arduino IDE 1.0.5 the menus don't scroll when they're too long to fit inside the vertical resolution of a display. Up to now I've only found this a problem in the File/Sketchbook menu, and I've had to keep my sketches organised in a folder structure to ensure each list is no more than screen-tall.

Now, with the additional boards in the list for ATTiny and the Tiny cores, the Goldilocks board selection is one of half a dozen boards that are below the bottom of my screen and I can't get there to select it. To use Goldilocks I move the attiny & tiny directories out of my hardware folder temporarily and restart the IDE.

Is there a better way? Thanks,
Geoff

cef
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff

Re: Arduino IDE Tools/Board menu scrolling

Post by cef » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:16 am

You could try the ERW release of the Arduino IDE. http://code.google.com/p/arduino-erw/

Note: This is NOT an official version of the Arduino IDE, just someones attempt at fixing some specific issues (ERW = Enhanced Release for Windows).

I really wish Arduino would incorporate some of these fixes, as I've also run into them a number of times.

stryker

Re: Arduino IDE Tools/Board menu scrolling

Post by stryker » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:59 am

Wow. And thankyou!

I totally missed that announcement thread in the Arduino forum. I agree - that list of enhancements needs to be rolled into the standard IDE.

Tiny cores are back permanently now, and there's Goldilocks down there in the scrolly region.
Joy :D
Geoff