Noooooob =)

The Experimenters Kit includes an "Eleven" Arduino-compatible board, plus a range of parts and a guide to make it easy to get started with Arduino projects. [Product Page]
fuseo

Noooooob =)

Post by fuseo » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:18 pm

So I purchased myself a xmas eve present from Jaycar in Alexandria and I have yet to have a single day without using it! I love this thing!

I loved electronics in high school and always had it it as an elective subject all the way through till I left. I have some serious inner demons that prevent me from being patient with anything I do in life but I am learning to teach myself to code without copying and pasting the text from others. I am struggling but will undoubtedly get there sooner or later.

I have done three of the starter projects and think that they are perfect to practice the coding. I guess I am just impatient on getting better at it quicker... sigh....

I am in the process of designing a small project to manage the temperature of my home brew fermentation chamber with the 'Eleven' and a temp controller. My design will basically turn on a pc fan when the temperature goes above the selected range I set for it. Really excited about it and can't wait to get stuck in.

SirJefferE

Re: Noooooob =)

Post by SirJefferE » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:54 am

Homebrewing and Arduino. Two hobbies I can fully support!

I just got my kit the day after Christmas. Haven't gone a day without messing with it in some way or another. Got an extra shield too just to practice soldering, not sure what I'm making yet but it's been fun.

Good luck with your brewing!

fuseo

Re: Noooooob =)

Post by fuseo » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:07 am

Thanks mate. I have two brews so far and have made excellent tasting beer both times. Are you a member of AHB?