The Experimenters Kit includes an "Eleven" Arduino-compatible board, plus a range of parts and a guide to make it easy to get started with Arduino projects. [Product Page
- Freetronics Staff
- Posts: 297
- Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:31 am
Version 1.1 of the Experimenter's Kit Project Guide is now available as a PDF. This is the version that will be in the next batch we produce, but in the meantime it's also useful for anyone who already has the kit.
- Layout diagrams made much bigger to make them easier to follow
- Position of GND and 5V jumpers changed on layout diagrams to match the markings on the breadboards included in the kit
- Colour codes given for both 5% (4-band) and 1% (6-band) resistors
- Expanded resistor colour code guide
You can grab it from the link near the bottom of the Experimenter's Kit page:
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:27 am
I am using the Experimenter's Kit with year 6 students and they are just loving it.
Now when working with students they will question things that others just skip.
The case in hand is the revised resistor colour code chart. There is a mistake in the 'multiplier" band. The black multiplier value should be 1 not zero. Consider raising 10 to the digit value of the colour band. 10 to the power of the value of black ==> 10^0 is 1.
On another point, I would really like to get the Fritzing component of the Eleven so I can draw my own layouts using Fritzing for my students as we are tweaking the projects as we go.
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:05 am
I just bumped another thread with the same question asking for the Fritzing model. I really wish I hand't spent a day modelling the eleven in Rhino3D CAD software and instead done it in fritzing.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests