Eleven R3

The "Eleven" is our Uno-equivalent Arduino-compatible board, but with a number of improvements including prototyping area, a mini-USB connector, LEDs mounted near the edge, and the D13 LED isolated using a FET. [Product page]
TonyJB

Eleven R3

Post by TonyJB » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:38 pm

All been working well but suddenly wont upload sketches. Backtracked to simplest sketch but hangs on uploading. Updated to the new driver (using windows 10) but no change.
When plugged into usb blue LED lights and D13 blinks or slowly fades out. Rx and Tx dont show up at all. Does it sound like board or ATmega328 is faulty?

angusgr
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff

Re: Eleven R3

Post by angusgr » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:43 am

Hi Tony,

Sorry to hear it seems to be misbehaving. If you press the 'reset' button on the board, do any of the LEDs blink quickly (for a second or two) in a predictable way?

Does the EtherTen ("Freetronics 16U2..." entry show up in the Windows Device Manager when you plug it in?

Angus

TonyJB

Post by TonyJB » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:57 pm

Thanks when reset pressed LEDs don't blink. I got another board and it behaves well and working in the system on com 9. The faulty one was always com 3 but won't communicate when selected. I tried a new atmega ic but no difference when resets. Seems USB com's is not working. No driver alerts and installs to com 3 still. I mentioned D13 led comes on at power up but then fades away. Touching the D13 fet gate turns the led on or off OK. I was using D13 as a one wire connection when it failed. New board working two one wire devices on D13 with same code.

TonyJB

Post by TonyJB » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:54 pm

I would like confirmation that the board has faulted, or advice as to what may have caused a fault or is causing this board to fail to communicate.

An addition to answer your question re com port.

The new board opens a device driver called: Freetronics 16U2 USB (COM9)
The Red LED reflects the state of D13 which i am using, The blue LED stays on but no other LEDs show at all.
Only when uploading the Green and Yellow LEDS show. Arduino Software automatically options to COM9.

The failed board opens a device driver called: Freetronics 16U2 USB (COM3) when connected.
As mentioned the RED D13 LED shows red then fades away. The blue LED stays on but no other LEDs show at all.
When uploading the Green and Yellow LEDS do not show. And the Arduino software options to COM3 and says "problem uploading to board" copied error report is:
Arduino: 1.6.6 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

Sketch uses 13,058 bytes (40%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32,256 bytes.
Global variables use 653 bytes (31%) of dynamic memory, leaving 1,395 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,048 bytes.
avrdude: ser_open(): can't open device "\\.\COM9": The system cannot find the file specified.

Problem uploading to board. See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
enabled in File > Preferences.

angusgr
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff

Post by angusgr » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:35 am

Hi Tony,

Sorry for the slow reply. The copied error shows that it was trying to upload to COM9 not COM3. Can you please double-check that the COM port under Tools -> Ports matches the port that you see in Windows Device Manager? If you get a different error please post that and we can take a look at it.

Angus

waterboom123

Post by waterboom123 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:25 am