Freetronics Experiment 6 Help!

The "Eleven" is our Uno-equivalent Arduino-compatible board, but with a number of improvements including prototyping area, a mini-USB connector, LEDs mounted near the edge, and the D13 LED isolated using a FET. [Product page]
gpfb

Freetronics Experiment 6 Help!

Post by gpfb » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:20 am

Hello!
I've been working through my Freetronics Experiment Kit that I got for Christmas and am having a bit of trouble with project 6. I have zero programming/computing background so I've attached some photos of my setup and am hoping someone can help!

Basically I'm trying to do project 6 "Making Things Move with Servos" but the servo isn't doing a full rotation. It's going about halfway and then making a weird 'grinding' noise like the gears are going the wrong way against each other or something.

Here is a video of mine:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eI9I0ym5xu0

And here is a video of what it SHOULD be doing (not mine!).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzgecEt0LbY

I've also attached a photo of my setup if anyone can see any problems with that!
The code I got directly from the Freetronics example sketches page so I'm pretty sure it's right.

Any help greatly appreciated!!
Attachments
project 6 pic.jpg
Project 6 Setup picture

angusgr
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff

Re: Freetronics Experiment 6 Help!

Post by angusgr » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:31 am

Hi Georgia,

Sounds like you have a faulty servo, sorry about that! Please email support@freetronics.com with your address and we'll send you out another one.

Angus

sdw

Re: Freetronics Experiment 6 Help!

Post by sdw » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:36 pm

Georgia

I am glad it is not just me. As I still had Project 5 (Dimming LEDs) running
I thought I had killed it.

I also had problems with Project 7 (RGB LED). It worked but the colors
were in the wrong order.

Cheers

Simon