GPS shield for Eleven

The "Eleven" is our Uno-equivalent Arduino-compatible board, but with a number of improvements including prototyping area, a mini-USB connector, LEDs mounted near the edge, and the D13 LED isolated using a FET. [Product page]
sixd
GPS shield for Eleven

Post by sixd » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:30 am

Hi all,

I am interested in a GPS shield for the Eleven. (I cant see a GPS shield on Freetronix). The features I need are:
- GPS (obviously),
- time and
- bearing (note, this is differenet from 'heading'. What i need is the 'facing direction', so may need a separate compass-type board like this one http://www.seeedstudio.com/wiki/Xadow_Compass as well as GPS, or is this on-board any of the GPS sheilds?)

I have found this one:
http://tronixlabs.com/arduino/shields/g ... r-arduino/ ... the onboard SD is a nice bonus :)

BUT i'm not sure it suits the Eleven. Does anyone know?

Can anyone recommend a GPS shield + supplier (I'd prefer Australian if possible) to suit the Eleven.

Cheers

SixD

andrew
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff

Re: GPS shield for Eleven

Post by andrew » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:42 am

The GPS shield you linked to will work perfectly with the Eleven.

sixd

Post by sixd » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:54 am

thats great. Thanks JohnB. Do you know if i can get compass bearing (not heading) from that shield too? or do i need a separate module? cheers SixD

andrew
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff

Post by andrew » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:24 am

sixd wrote:thats great. Thanks JohnB. Do you know if i can get compass bearing (not heading) from that shield too? or do i need a separate module? cheers SixD
You would need a separate module.

sixd

Post by sixd » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:14 am

Cheers. thx for the speedy reply