Windows Drivers

The "Eleven" is our Uno-equivalent Arduino-compatible board, but with a number of improvements including prototyping area, a mini-USB connector, LEDs mounted near the edge, and the D13 LED isolated using a FET. [Product page]
neilg1

Windows Drivers

Post by neilg1 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:38 pm

We have recently purchased a class set of the Eleven Arduino. All worked well on my macs.

We downloaded the driver from the Freeduino drivers to our master PC and then reimaged the remainder of our PCs off that image.

What I have found is that a new driver install seems to be needed for each individual Freeduino. Is this correct? Seems very weird.

As the students do not have permission to install drivers this is a major issue. Do I need to set up the master image for all our Freeduino units ? Is there a more elegant work around ?

To get us started I will set each student up with a specific PC and Arduino but this is not a viable long term solution. My need to swap back to standard Arduino boards if this is the case.

neilg1

Re: Windows Drivers

Post by neilg1 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:17 am

Problem sorted - looks to be an Arduino/XP issue. Changed to standard Arduino drivers with same result. Then tried with 2 genuine Arduino Ones and same thing happened.

Bugger - looks like I will have to reimage the computers again. :cry: