tone() still crashing after upgrade to v2

A shrunk down Leonardo-compatible board, thumb drive sized with native USB support. [Product info]
drake250

tone() still crashing after upgrade to v2

Post by drake250 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:29 am

After finally getting around to upgrading both my Leosticks to v2 (thanks for the guide by the way) I decided to give tone() a go and it hung! Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I recently reinstalled Ubuntu on my development machine (forgot my password :oops: ), running Arduino 1.0.4 and the board profile is only a few weeks old! Everything else seems to work fine and all my existing sketches still work.

Oh, and I LOVE the way it jumps straight into the sketch at power-on without the annoying bootloader delay. No problems uploading sketches either, apart from when I tried tone() and had to do the recovery thing.

Later on I might see if the extra PWM pin works, only thought of that just now.

drake250

Re: tone() still crashing after upgrade to v2

Post by drake250 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:28 am

Hmmm, I think I've solved my own problem here. When I tried out tone() I was uploading it from windows, and I had some of my modified joystick HID code in the hardware folder. Just tried it from the unmodified install on Ubuntu (I'm dual-booting by the way) and tone worked fine.

Conclusion - I need to reinstall Arduino IDE and the leostick profile on the windows partition.

angusgr
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff

Re: tone() still crashing after upgrade to v2

Post by angusgr » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:15 pm

I hate it when that kind of thing happens. :/. Glad you got it sorted, please let us know if any other problems crop up.