better board profile and driver for v1 bootloader

A shrunk down Leonardo-compatible board, thumb drive sized with native USB support. [Product info]
the nerdling

better board profile and driver for v1 bootloader

Post by the nerdling » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:56 am

i found 2 things to make your life easier with a leostick a driver and a new board profile
here are the links to them on my website
http://www.marcogrilli.com/thenerdling/ ... d-profile/ the board profile
http://www.marcogrilli.com/thenerdling/ ... er-to-use/the diver
Last edited by the nerdling on Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

angusgr
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff

Re: better board profile and divers

Post by angusgr » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:52 pm

Nice work!

Just to clarifiy, these changes are all for LeoStick V1? You've backported some of the Leonardo "release" version features to the LeoStick V1 "Leonardo beta" core?

Which is terrific if it works well for you.

In general, our official recommendation if you come up against shortcomings using LeoStick V1 is to update to the V2 bootloader. You can do this with an external programmer, or by using another Arduino-compatible board (or a second LeoStick) as a programmer.

But it's great to see you got some of the release version USB functionality working well on the V1. Congrats.

the nerdling

Post by the nerdling » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:52 am

the driver should work with version 2 of the bootloader but the hardware profile is for the version 1
i have been meaning to update the bootloader but i first need to make a cable

the nerdling

Post by the nerdling » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:09 am

updated the boot loader and the driver works with v2 as well. this allows you to update the sketch when the uploaded sketch is running

angusgr
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff

Post by angusgr » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:14 pm

Hi nerdling,

Good hacking! Thanks for the update.

I am actually a little confused about what you're changing with that .INF file, though. If you're using the latest (v3.3) LeoStick board profile and our latest USB driver file then your LeoStick should no longer be showing up as an "Arduino Leonardo", and you should be able to automatically upload from the IDE without any delays.

The problems with clunky uploading on Windows are related to some older board profiles which had out of date USB IDs set in them. It was absolutely a problem for a while, but it should be fixed now.

Cheers,

Angus

the nerdling

Post by the nerdling » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:11 pm

i still need to experiment with the v2 drivers.
i only found the driver
and i found a file to put in the board profile and made a zip
i would post a link but i can't remember where i found it
when i updated the bootloader it didn't show up as an arduino leonardo. when the bootloader was running it showed up as leostick loader or something like that and in the sketch it showed up as usb hid or something like that. when i get the chance i will experiment with the drivers to see which works better

the nerdling

Re: better board profile and driver for v1 bootloader

Post by the nerdling » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:13 am

ok played around with the drivers and im running the freetronics driver and it works finelike how i had it with the v1 driver and bootloader.
wooo leostick!!!!!!!!