leostick not installing on xp

A shrunk down Leonardo-compatible board, thumb drive sized with native USB support. [Product info]
preludefan

Re: leostick not installing on xp

Post by preludefan » Wed May 01, 2013 11:11 pm

Also, have you looked into creating a leostick that has bluetooth and android capabilities? that would be great!

angusgr
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff

Post by angusgr » Thu May 02, 2013 1:57 am

preludefan wrote:"serial com port 12 not found, retry the upload from another serial port?"
Hi Mike,

I'm really terribly sorry, there was another bug in the INF file - the LeoStick's USB ID is reported differently in Windows XP compared to later Windows versions. Why, I do not know.

I just followed the steps from scratch again on a clean Windows XP SP3 VM (sorry I didn't do this earlier, I assumed those parts would be equivalent on Windows Vista/7.)

Could you please download INF file version 1.2 and follow the steps on that page to Update Driver for your LeoStick.

Then, when you load the Arduino IDE there should be a different COM port listed under Tools -> Serial Port. When you change to that port then everything should work, fully automatic uploads with no Reset button dance.

Thanks for your patience.

(To explain fully: LeoSticks have two USB IDs which create two different COM ports at different times. One gets used by the bootloader when you first plug the LeoStick in, or when you press the Reset button. The other one gets used by the sketch when it's running on the LeoStick. Arduino IDE needs to see the second (sketch) COM port in order to start an upload automatically, but that serial port wasn't being registered in Windows properly. The workaround is pressing the reset button which causes it to register the alternative, bootloader, COM port.)

preludefan

Post by preludefan » Fri May 03, 2013 3:20 am

ok good news, i uninstalled the old driver and reinstalled the one you directed me to,

now it registers as "freetronics leostick com14" and yes, i dont need to push the reset button to load anymore!!!

thanks very much for your help, glad we got there in the end!!!

mike

preludefan

Post by preludefan » Fri May 03, 2013 3:24 am

sort of....there is another post on this forum about a guy working to connect a leostick direct to his android phone...however, i think it would be even better if one had a small device like the leostick that ran off a single aaa cell or similar, with bluetooth that could connect to a phone, and an app to program it with for the phone?

just an idea!

tronixstuff wrote:
preludefan wrote:Also, have you looked into creating a leostick that has bluetooth and android capabilities? that would be great!
With the Android part, would you want the equivalent of a USB host mode controller onboard, like the USBdroid does?
http://www.freetronics.com/collections/ ... s/usbdroid

angusgr
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff

Post by angusgr » Fri May 03, 2013 4:46 am

preludefan wrote:i dont need to push the reset button to load anymore!!!

thanks very much for your help, glad we got there in the end!!!
Glad to hear it Mike, thanks so much for your patience with this.

preludefan

Post by preludefan » Sun May 05, 2013 7:51 pm

all good!