What is the trick to get windows 7 working with card

A shrunk down Leonardo-compatible board, thumb drive sized with native USB support. [Product info]
towrag

Re: What is the trick to get windows 7 working with card

Post by towrag » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:18 am

I am still having problems with the driver for the Cube. It was working fine then out of the blue, after plugging it in the leostick driver pops up(Com Port 11) then promptly gets replaced with unknown Device. When I try to reload the Freetronics USB Driver, windows tells me that the location does not contain compatible software. Am I missing something here?

angusgr
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff

Re: What is the trick to get windows 7 working with card

Post by angusgr » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:26 pm

towrag wrote:I am still having problems with the driver for the Cube. It was working fine then out of the blue, after plugging it in the leostick driver pops up(Com Port 11) then promptly gets replaced with unknown Device. When I try to reload the Freetronics USB Driver, windows tells me that the location does not contain compatible software. Am I missing something here?
It's possible to upload sketches to the cube as either a Freetronics LeoStick or an Arduino Leonardo.

If the latter, then the bootloader (which runs first) still calls itself a LeoStick (needing the Freetronics drivers) but then the sketch (which runs second) calls itself an Arduino Leonardo (needing the Arduino drivers.) So you'll have to have installed the Arduino windows drivers as well (they come in the 'drivers' folder alongside the Arduino IDE, guide here.)

That's my guess, anyhow. If that's not the case please let me know and we can diagnose some more. :)