LeoStick install and first time use - Windows

A shrunk down Leonardo-compatible board, thumb drive sized with native USB support. [Product info]
warland

Re: LeoStick install and first time use - Windows

Post by warland » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:43 pm

I'm having same problems and same errors.. :? Tried all the work arounds from other threads but it just wont accept the .inf as expected.
Strange though that I got the Leostick to work once just after the initial install but every subsequent try has resulted in the cant set up the hardware problem. There has to be some
straight forward reason why this is all going astray ....surely?

Haven't tried it on the desktop or new win7 laptop but on my development lappy running XP SP3, nothing but problems.

warland

Post by warland » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:55 pm

Got it to work by using the info off this thread viewtopic.php?f=27&t=707&start=10

It's all good now :D

jack

Post by jack » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:10 pm

Hey all, I can't get the "Freetronics Leostick" coming up when I tried clicking on "Tools" and "Board". I suspect that I may have mis-set my board profile as I did mine as: E:\Jack\Data\Programs\Arduino\Hardware\LeoStick_v2_0

I got the other parts of the Getting Started setup; it was just that.
If anyone can help, I'll be heaps thankful for because I'm a noob and often get stuff wrong.

coolie152

Post by coolie152 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:08 pm

Hi
i am having trouble installing the drivers for Leostick. I have previously used the USBDroid board and had no problems, so i now try to install drivers for Leostick , .inf file installs ok but how to get freetronics Leostick listed in tools>board listing ?.
install notes say - "You will then have a folder called Leostick". Only 1 i can find is a subdirectry containing a .h file.
Does anybody know of a correct procedure that works for Windows 7

Regards

jonoxer
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff

Post by jonoxer » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:01 pm

coolie152 wrote:"You will then have a folder called Leostick". Only 1 i can find is a subdirectry containing a .h file.
Could you please give a bit more detail about what you tried? Did you download and extract the directory as explained in the Getting Started guide?

http://www.freetronics.com/pages/leosti ... rted-guide

What happens when you download the .zip file?
--
Jon

2Elemental

Post by 2Elemental » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:05 pm

Hi,

I have just received my LeoStick and am very happy with it. I only had one minor hickup during installation which I thought I'd share with you, being that the .INF file is not digitally signed and is not accepted by Windows 8. You can simply follow directions as per the below forum post on the arduino forums to allow Windows 8 to install the .INF-file. Maybe this can be included in the Getting Started Guide for LeoStick?

http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php?topic=94651.15

Regards,
Andy

angusgr
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff

Post by angusgr » Fri May 10, 2013 12:34 am

Thanks 2Elemental, I've added a note to both the LeoStick Windows guide and the general Freetronics one.

leo_stuck

Post by leo_stuck » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:53 am

it seems i have the same problem as everybody else, i.e. can'1t get windows8 to accept the inf file. My question is glaringly obvious..........WHY doesn't the manufacturer provide the digital signature that windows is looking for ?????????? :evil: i could have saved myself a lot of money and just bought a flashing LED

angusgr
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff

Post by angusgr » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:06 am

Hi,
leo_stuck wrote:it seems i have the same problem as everybody else, i.e. can'1t get windows8 to accept the inf file.
Sorry for the inconvenience with this. Have you tried following the steps given under "Windows 8 Users" at the top of this page?
http://www.freetronics.com/pages/instal ... or-windows

If they don't work, can you please tell us what Windows 8 variety you have, and at what point things go awry?
WHY doesn't the manufacturer provide the digital signature that windows is looking for ??????????
We're currently looking at our options to have Microsoft digitally sign the Freetronics drivers. I know this will make things a lot easier for Windows 8 users.

- Angus

leo_stuck

Post by leo_stuck » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:35 am

Ahh yes, a bit impatient wasn't I. Found the part of win8 that I needed, while doing something totally different. Its now up and going. thanks for the reply.