P16 led display

The Dot Matrix Display (DMD) is a 32x16 array of high-brightness LEDs for visually striking effects. [Product Page]
Vanhos
P16 led display

Post by Vanhos » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:48 am

Hi. Just throwing this out there. I have came across a led display panel that is operated via a remote control. The remote is so confusing and I have no paperwork with it. Just seeing if anybody out there has seen this controller and have software for Ethernet connection instead or a manual.

Better still advice on a new control board which I can use a Ethernet connection to operate the board with.

trying to upload pics will change to laptop.

Vanhos

Re: P16 led display

Post by Vanhos » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:00 am

pictures
Attachments
remote control.jpg
display model.jpg
control card.jpg

Vanhos

Post by Vanhos » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:00 am

control board model
Attachments
pcb model.jpg

Vanhos

Post by Vanhos » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:06 am

i have found the same controller on alibaba however the control card is a more modern version.

I am thinking i should be able to pull this control card out and put in a new card with programming via Ethernet connection. if there is no info for the control card.

this led panel is also 1 of 4 displays. display size is 1300mm x 500mm i am hoping to put 2 beside each other and use 2 units as 1 display.

and the other 2 units as separate stand alone in different locations.

stryker

Post by stryker » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:13 am

Presuming there's no drop-in replacement controller with networking it may be far simpler to keep the existing controller but create your own remote, rather than try to spin your own display controller.

Work out how that complex remote functions, and create a replacement remote which receives and interprets your commands over the network and retransmits them as the same infrared messages the existing controller expects.

I don't see an iR receiver in the images there, so am only presuming the infrared part. If it's RF, or cabled, same concepts apply. You'll need to work out a way to sniff the transmissions from the remote so you know what is needed to be sent for each function.

Alternatively, what is that D-Sub connector for? If you do locate documentation that may be another way to send it commands.

Cheers ! Geoff

Vanhos

Post by Vanhos » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:37 pm

Thanks Geoff.

In the picture of the control board the black cable connected in the middle is the ir reciver.

The RS plug goes from the board to a Ethernet plug on the back of the unit.

Power is all sorted.

I played with the keyboard (remote) last night but I'm struggling on what all the keys do on the keyboard. With no info. I did find a layout of the keys on Alibaba but I think the software makes a difference in the control card and keyboard.

I plugged in the laptop (Ethernet point)thinking it might find a device and then find the software (wishful thinking). No luck.

I emailed the company wich supplied the unit will see what they come back with.

Vanhos

Post by Vanhos » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:56 am

So no luck with the manufacturer. The remote keyboard only has limited options (gather the control card is programmed for just those limited options). Just woundering how I go about getting new cards with software for each of the screens (4 standalone screens).

The screens measure 4 displays high 6 displays wide.

One colour red.

P16.

Would like 2 line scrolling text.

Would like rg45 connection for each screen. I can then hard wire them to a easy location and programme them from a desk below each screen. Instead of lifting the covers and programming by usb stick or remote keyboard. The four screens will be mounted in different locations.

Pics to follow.