[ASK] How to use RTOS on DMD ?

The Dot Matrix Display (DMD) is a 32x16 array of high-brightness LEDs for visually striking effects. [Product Page]
galuhboy123
[ASK] How to use RTOS on DMD ?

Post by galuhboy123 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:12 am

I have question . How to use RTOS on DMD . i have tried to combine DMD and RTOS (i'm using NilRTOS), but then ihave trouble when compile : so has no error but can't display on Dotmatrix 32x16 . Can some one help me solve this. thanks . :)

i need it solve :)

angusgr
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff

Re: [ASK] How to use RTOS on DMD ?

Post by angusgr » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:26 am

Hi galuhboy,

The DMD library (and the beta release DMD2 library) are designed to work with the Arduino libraries only, and will need some adapting to work in an RTOS environment.

From what little NilRTOS I know, I see it supplies its own timer framework. You will need to adapt the sketch so the DMD scanBySPI method is called regularly from a NilRTOS timer.

If you post your sketch (please use code tags to wrap the contents if you paste it in) then we may possibly be able to help further.

- Angus

galuhboy123

Post by galuhboy123 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:20 am

thanks before Angus

so how i can adapt SPI DMD and RTOS ? what should i change ? or replace . thanks before

angusgr
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff

Post by angusgr » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:33 am

Hi,

Sorry but I can't help you with such a broad request. Perhaps consider whether you need to use an RTOS at all for your project?

- Angus