DMD Schematic

The Dot Matrix Display (DMD) is a 32x16 array of high-brightness LEDs for visually striking effects. [Product Page]

DMD Schematic

Postby ecips » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:15 am

Hi all,

Has anyone got a copy of the DMD schematic?

Jon, has it ever been made available?

I loaned one of mine to a mate, and it doesnt work upon it's return. I'd like to try and figure out why.

Oh, while I'm here too, I'd like to publicly thank Jon for the awesome product support I have received. I had a DMD with couple of manufacturing faults and Jon was instantly prepared to ship me a replacement unit - which was far more than I expected. The replacement unit arrived in only a couple of days also. Well done!!

Cheers,

Gary

PS: If anyone is interested, I made a DMD of my own.
http://www.spice.net.au/Fireworks.mkv
:D
ecips

Re: DMD Schematic

Postby ecips » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:46 am

*bump*
ecips

Postby 42n8 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:36 pm

Giday ecips,
The board is a generic Chinese cheepo part number P10(IR)-V701C-1.
You may have a slightly different version. EG colour or Revision

I've also been looking for a schematic as well as a datasheet without success and I presume that the difficulty in locating the documents is the reason that Jon hasn't published these. Someone with Chinese connections may be able to source this kind of info for us though.

That said, it may also be that the design is proprietry, however these are only two layer boards and they are available, unstuffed, from many different Chinese PCB suppliers, so reverse engineering is easily possible, given the time and inclination to do so.

Regards
42n8

Postby 42n8 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:14 pm

A schematic diagram of an earlier version is now available in PDF format here...
http://forum.freetronics.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=704&p=7167#p7167

Regards
42n8

Return to Dot Matrix Display