I have made a video on how to convert a bitmap image and import it onto the DMD display.
Check out the YouTube tutorial video - https://youtu.be/he8KzpkryEk
I went through the steps of:
1. Finding a pixel picture and convert it into a 16x32 size bitmap file.
2. Translating the bitmap image into a code array.
3. Converting the code array into 0 & 1.
4. Formatting the 0 & 1 into dmd matrix write function - dmd.writePixel( x, y, GRAPHICS_NORMAL, z );
5. Finally, I inserted code into the DMD example demo file and uploaded it to the Arduino Uno board.
The Dot Matrix Display (DMD) is a 32x16 array of high-brightness LEDs for visually striking effects. [Product Page]
1 post •Page 1 of 1