mixing libraries

The Dot Matrix Display (DMD) is a 32x16 array of high-brightness LEDs for visually striking effects. [Product Page]
plito

mixing libraries

Post by plito » Mon May 14, 2018 7:35 pm

I´ve tried to mix some functions between DMD and DMD2 libraries without success. I want to add drawMarquee and stepMarquee from DMD to the DMD2 because they are very useful to scroll text and draws. Is there any way to do this ? I don´t have enough knowledge to do it and I need it.
I appreciate somebody help me.
Thank you . Sorry for my english.

Brissieboy

Re: mixing libraries

Post by Brissieboy » Mon May 14, 2018 9:59 pm

plito,
You cannot simply combine the DMD and DMD2 libraries.
There are similar facilities in the DMD2 library: dmd.marqueeScrollX() & dmd.marqueeScrollY().
Have a look at the DMD2 examples available under the 'File' menu. There is one called 'Marquee' that should help you. If it is not there, you might have an old version of the library. I think the latest official release is this one.

plito

Post by plito » Mon May 14, 2018 11:27 pm

Brissieboy. I´m already using DMD2 library. The instructions marqueeScrollX and marqueeScrollY are too slow with more than 2 panels. This is the reason because I´d tried with DMD, but on this one I can´t set the brightness or using variables in drawString. Both libraries have advantages and disadvantages. I thought that a mixing between both libraries was possible, but I couldn´t do it work. Thank you anyway.

Brissieboy

Post by Brissieboy » Tue May 15, 2018 12:12 am

plinto,
The DMD can have brightness control. Have a read of this topic. And it's a simple matter to convert your variables to a string (just Google it if you need to) so you can use drawString.

plito

Post by plito » Tue May 15, 2018 12:58 am

Thank you Brissieboy. You are almost a genius. ;)