A little help?

Combining the power of the ATmega2560 MCU with onboard Ethernet, a microSD card slot, an efficient switchmode power supply, and a small prototyping area. [Product page]
brad

A little help?

Post by brad » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:33 pm

Hello all,

Some many months ago I fried the EUP3476 on my ethermega. I promptly shot off an email to support@freetronics.com.au asking if it's possible to buy the chips through freetronics (or be directed to a supplier to purchase from them?) and was very surprised to get an email back from Marc promising a free replacement chip sent in the mail! "WHAT GREAT SERVICE!" I thought to myself. I could not praise freetronics highly enough...

A month or two went by and no chip came in the mail. I sent a polite email to Marc asking if it was still possible to get it. No response.

Fast forward another month and I sent another follow-up email to Marc (and now Jon) again. No response.

Another email to them both again. No response.

Freetronics, come on. All I need is a reply. The old maxim "a happy customer tells 10 of his friends, an unhappy customer tells 100" applies here. Why would I ever recommend freetronics to anyone if you guys don't keep your promises (let alone manage to keep adequate communication with your customers)??

I'm sitting here feeling very frustrated. I never asked for a freebie, all I ask for is a place to find this chip. Why is that so hard?

I'm expecting for this to be moderated and never appear. In the off chance it does appear, do any of the users of freetronics know where I can source this chip?

Any assistance is much appreciated.... :shock:

cef
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff

Re: A little help?

Post by cef » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:55 pm

Freetronics have put on a few more people to help answer questions so that Jon and Marc can concentrate on the business.

I'll bring this up with Jon and see what we can do.

Sorry about the delay. Things have been a bit hectic since your conversation on the forum with Marc.

PS: Can you PM me your details so we can get it to you?

FWIW: If need be, I'll simply get you a new EtherMega and get your old one back.

brad

Re: A little help?

Post by brad » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:49 am

Hi Cef,

Thanks for the reply. I tried PM-ing you but apparently this feature is disabled for me...

Is there an email I can contact you on?

Cheers, Brad