Ether Mega driver issue - Windows 10

Combining the power of the ATmega2560 MCU with onboard Ethernet, a microSD card slot, an efficient switchmode power supply, and a small prototyping area. [Product page]
canctil

Ether Mega driver issue - Windows 10

Post by canctil » Tue May 02, 2017 11:52 pm

I have a new laptop with windows 10. I connected USB as in quick start guide and windows gave me an error for USB. I tried to update driver and windows message comes up saying windows has latest driver and would not accept driver.

Any suggestions ?
Attachments
Windows10USBerror.jpg

sky

Re: Ether Mega driver issue - Windows 10

Post by sky » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:55 am

I'm in the same boat. I had Windows 7 on this laptop and the driver worked well as my Ethermega worked well. Unfortunately I have damaged the MCU and need to order another, but I won't shell out another $120 for a new board (as great as it is) if the driver's aren't updated, nor will I put Windows 7 back on this laptop as nothing else in that environment is supported. To do so would be only to cater to the Ethermega, and that's just unreasonable.

Note to Freetronics, update your drivers, or lose out on sales.

sky

Re: Ether Mega driver issue - Windows 10

Post by sky » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:21 am

I had to stop back to admit I was wrong. It was pointed out to me that the current existing drivers can be utilized inside a Windows 10 environment the same as previous versions of Windows. For me, I tried to update the drivers from someone else's Windows 10 machine and it would not take, so I just assumed this applied to Windows 10 across the board. Since then, I upped my machine from 7 to 10, and just now tried to update the driver, and low and behold, I have my Ethermega back. Now to debug my circuits and code to see if I caused internal damage. If so, I will definitely buy a new Ethermega!

Apologies for the confusion.